starting my exercise instruction jan 15 at umass

marcie B.
on 1/10/09 10:40 pm
im just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of how much longer till i will have my surgery. I know it all depends on waiting lists and stuff but just a general idea.. Jan 15 i start the exercise classes and on jan 20 i go for my last appt with my behavioral medicine then i think they said they can sign off that i did everything i need to do.. I don't know im just impatient i guess..
I was hoping i would have it done in feb but now im thinking its never gonna happen.

thanks
marcie
marcie
purplefans
on 1/11/09 1:23 am - MA
Marcie - I can't help you with the date, but I bet that once you get the date, the time will FLY by! 

marcie B.
on 1/11/09 4:03 am
thanks i hope so. I knew it was a long process I guess i never realized how long..
marcie
purplefans
on 1/11/09 4:41 am - MA
As they say, it took you a long time to get to where you are weight wise, what's another couple of months. 

Jessica O.
on 1/14/09 3:07 am - Grafton, MA

Hi Marcie,

I had my surgery done at UMass by Dr. Czerniach.  Did you already have your surgery consult appointment?  That usually comes after the last Behavioral Medicine appointment.  Ok, so my surgery date was 3/24/08.  I had my surgery consult on 1/29/08.  After that appointment is when they submit everything to your insurance company for approval.  For me, with BC/BS, it only took 1 week for approval before I received the phone call from the Weight Center.  I remember hoping for a surgery date in February, but they ended up giving me 3/24/08.  So, needless to say, about 1-2 months after my last appointment.  It did go by fast though.  I ended up taking my exercise classes after my surgery.  Goodluck with your surgery!  

marcie B.
on 1/14/09 3:37 am
thank you so much for the information it has help alot.. I have not had my surgery consult yet. I have my last behavioral medicine app on tues jan 20th. I have united healthcare for insurance and i hope i get approval fast. The time is going by fast. Do you go to any of the monthly meetings at umass?? I see you are from grafton.. Im from sutton..
marcie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views